St. Croix Location
Work schedule: 5/12s, Saturdays 8-10 hour days- off on Sunday
Complete understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Provides solutions to a wide range of complex problems under general direction. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Evaluates the desired goal of the system and develops, designs, or selects the required equipment power controls, and piping to achieve the goal
- Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for industrial applications.
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Gathers information, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepares original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Participates in planning and cost development.
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional
- specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- May direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field
- installations. Must be able to work independently and or with a team.
- Coordinates design criteria with engineering, tooling, material, and planning group in accordance with contractual specifications
- Must be able to work long hours, standing and walking over rough terrain. Able to climb stairs and ladders on various structures, towers and tanks. Will be working in a remote location under hot tropical conditions.
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or
- University and or a Technical certificate from an accredited college.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred and capable of using computer aided
- Instrumentation / Control Systems Field Engineer
- design equipment required
- PE registration is a plus
- TWIC Required