Field Engineer & QA (Combined Role)
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking an experienced Field Engineer & QA for a 5 month contract in Northern Alberta. The shift is 8x6 and FIFO of Edmonton or Calgary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Application of industrial and job scope requirements in a practical manner to construction activities.
- Timely response to field technical issues with practical solutions (answering RFI/FCN’s). This includes field visits for problem analysis, discussion with the contractor/construction and may require engineering calculations.
- Review and approval of shop drawing submittals.
- Conduct progressive inspections of the work scope to identify deficiencies to the contractor.
- Lead the construction and final walkdowns to identify and record any deficiencies.
- Closure of deficiencies through providing technical support and supplemental field verification.
- Review of redline documentation to verify completeness against field construction and the project change records.
- Review of the final project turnover binders to verify correctness and completeness of documents.
- Quality Plan, Inspection Test Plan (ITP), and other QA document review in a timely manner.
- Progressive review of QA exhibits as produced by the contractor’s personnel. This includes field witnessing of certain activities as defined in the ITP.
- Progressive audits of contractors to verify adherence to project, industry and job specific requirements.
- Review construction quality procedures
- Contractor field coordinators, foreman/superintendents, and QA personnel for coordinating inspections and resolving construction issues/concerns.
- Client and Contractor Construction Management teams to provide technical support and resolve constructability concerns.
- Client and Project Management teams to provide technical support.
- Project commissioning and owner’s representatives for inspections and discussion of technical issues which require input of the end user.
- Engineer of Record to coordinate practical solutions to design concerns.
Discipline Specific Items (FE/QA):
Mechanical: Familiar with ASME B31.3, ASME Section VIII, ABSA Compliance, CSA Z662, CSA B149.1, NFPA, ABSA Requirements, API 686.