Job DescriptionRole: Buyer/Planner
- Manages delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction for machining suppliers.
- Must have experience with BOM (Bill of Materials)
- Ensuring all orders of Raw Materials and Downhole tools
- Will negotiate with vendors and grauntee vendor satisfaction
- Manage materials over and under stock
- Assists in creating request for quotations (RFQ) and organizing competitive biddings from various suppliers to obtain best delivery, quality and price.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals.
- Ensure on time delivery of pasts and supports strategic supplier development.
- May expedite the filling of orders by suppliers to meet production.
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines.
- Works to maximize production capacity in accordance with production and master schedules.
- Coordinate with other functional team members in resolving issues, which may arise during purchase order life cycle management.
- Actively uses continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with our clients Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Core Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Industrial and minimum 5 years’ relevant experience/knowledge is preferred.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- BOM porficient
- Team player and self-starter.
- Knowledge/experience in lean.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, including some knowledge of intermediate level Excel functionality.
- Preferably experienced in utilizing SAP.
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks in challenging, fast-paced work environment.