Job DescriptionOur Client provides high quality nondestructive examination (NDE) services, solutions, and products to the power, petroleum, chemical, and other industrial customers throughout the world. Based in San Antonio, Texas, our Client is part of a larger group headquartered overseas. Combining experienced personnel, innovative equipment, NDE proficiency, and proven established techniques, our Client offers a broad spectrum of state-of-art NDE services.
The primary role of the nondestructive testing specialist is to lead a team in the development of advanced Ultrasonic Phased Array (UTPA) examination procedures & techniques. You will manage complex NDE issues and be a key contributor to project goals. The position requires extensive knowledge of ultrasonic testing to develop procedures for the examination of structures, piping, and vessels. Hands-on capabilities are required to properly setup, calibrate equipment, establish focal laws, perform examinations, and analyze results using UTPA analysis software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Have the skills and knowledge to interpret industry codes, standards, and other contractual documents.
- Capable of assuming technical responsibility for the NDE equipment, lab facilities, and staff.
- Capable of selecting the NDE method and technique for a specific inspection.
- Prepare and develop adequate UT examination procedures.
- Lead and participate in the technical reviews with the customer.
- Approve NDT procedures and other NDT related work instructions for technical adequacy in the method in which they are certified
- Provide training and guidance to other personnel.
- Conduct inspection using ultrasonic equipment to ensure the highest quality.
- Accurate processing of paperwork and documentation of test results.
- Develop inspection schedules and written reports.
- Perform verification of product to customer specifications.
- Review and stay current with NDT requirements and updates.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, or via e-mail, with co-workers and subordinates as a representative of the company.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited university or college (or equivalent work related experience with a minimum of 6 years experience in Non-destructive testing).
- ASNT Lv III in Ultrasonic method.
- Experience in Phased Array Ultrasonic examination required.
- Proficient in using Zetec Ultravision software preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.