Job DescriptionSenior Concept Engineer
A leading operating company based in Oman is currently looking for a Senior Concept Engineer to be based in Muscat. The role will report to the Lead Concept Engineer for my client.
This role is to carry out concept engineering studies and consultancy level engineering in support of upstream developments. The concept engineering team works with its exploration and development customers to deliver the maximum value from their hydrocarbon opportunities by:
- Identifying and selecting the optimum facilities concepts,
- Working in and leading integrated discipline/business teams.
- Finding innovative and cost effective engineering solutions, that are integrated into the TECOP spectrum, to unlock reserves and to optimise and improve production capacities of the surface facilities.
As a Senior Concept Engineer you will be responsible for the surface facilities engineering input into studies in support of Upstream business development opportunities.
You are expected to:
- Conduct identification of alternative concept designs and subsequent selection studies for oil and gas production systems in conjunction with subsurface teams to optimise field development plans and lead to high quality decisions in the DRBs
- Manage, coordinate and carry out engineering studies in order to define the selected concepts in terms of technical scope, risk management, lifecycle costs, execution strategy
- Study budgets will range from $100k - $2 million
- Conduct technical assurance of the study work.
- Co-ordinate internal and external interfaces and manage their resolution.
- Lead and / or participate in technical and assurance reviews of other projects.
- Contribute to the development of departmental plans and work methods.
- Pursue new technology opportunities.
- 8 + years’ experience across upstream projects focusing on Front end Engineer /Concpet project
- previous experience in Upstream Development in general or specifically the development of difficult hydrocarbons (EOR, tight oil and gas, contaminated gas) will be advantageous
- Must have a proven record in a project manager or similar senior management role on Earth work / Civil projects
- Working for a leading client in Oman
- You will be involved in technically complex and challenging project and studies
- 12 month renewable contract
- Lucrative monthly salary on offer