Job DescriptionPosition: Lead Structural Engineer
Contract: 12 Month (Renewable)
- The Lead Structural Engineer will be responsible for assuring the EPMS Contractor Structural Engineering deliverables during the Execute of the Project.
- Reporting to the Engineering Team Lead, the position will provide technical guidance and assurance to the Project, ensuring safe, consistent and cost effective application of Project, client and regulatory codes and standards and good engineering practice.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the oversight and planning of the Execute and follow on stages of the work for the Structural discipline, ensuring compliance with MPCP4 and any relevant ETPs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all relevant codes, standards, and regulations that pertain to the structural design and integrity of the jacket, template, foundations and topsides.
- Ensures that the GPO TA is actively involved in the project and is consulted on key technical issues
- Provide technical input to risk assessments, Management of Change reviews, and project reviews
- Evaluate requests for deviations or exemptions to the established specifications and standards
- Discipline Interface management between relevant contractors
Assurance of EPMS Contractor key deliverables in terms of quality and compliance with BoD.
Single point of contact in the organisation for weight management, seismic design assurance, etc.
Assuring compliance with the relevant Project specifications and ETPs. Input to the Project Codes and Standards BOD.
Oversight of performance of contractor against agreed scope, manpower and schedule for discipline scope.
Own and drive completion of specific multi discipline areas, including ensuring input from other functions such as reservoir, subsurface, drilling etc as required.
Input to key decisions (Structural and multi discipline), with ownership of all Structural related decisions.
Ensures Structural TA is actively involved in the project and are consulted on technical issues
Accountable for ensuring issues managed, and that discipline scope is managed, ahead of formal project reviews such as PHSSERs.
Degree in Engineering discipline.
Chartered or Professional Engineer status.
10-15 minimum years experience in relevant discipline engineering position with offshore jacket based installations.
Deep discipline expertise with good track record of multi discipline integration
Experience working in a discipline leadership role, managing contractor performance.
Experience of EPMS environment on major Projects.
Good understanding of regulatory requirements.
Must have strong general experience with structural design, design modelling tools, weight management, seismic and geotechnical interfaces, metocean engineering, relevant aspects of safety in design.
Support and endorsement from relevant GPO TA(s). Lead Engineer competency assessment completed or well advanced in closing gaps from a recent LDE assessment.
Knowledge of the requirements of MPcp V4 and other project processes.
Pragmatic decision maker, willing to challenge and ensure engineering value is delivered
Track record of delivery and able to demonstrate effective project technical management and leadership skills.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the project team, Contractors and GPO leadership.
Addional Desirable Criteria
Experience in working in concept Execute stage of a Project.
Experience working under a range of Contracting models (reimbursable, lump sum, etc)
Actively engages and respects contributions of others.
Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur.
Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction.
Anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them.
Site construction and installation experience
Flexibility to take on wider project roles as needed