Job DescriptionExciting opportunity to join an innovative engineering team responsible for the development of software for subsea controls systems.
Based at our clients' UK Technology Centre in Reading you'll work alongside a team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, and system engineers supporting the full project lifecycle from Front End engineering for FEED studies to detailed engineering, implementation, testing and commissioning support for customer delivery Projects.
As a Principal Software Engineer you'll be responsible for;
- Managing the requirement capture, development, implementation, test, and maintenance of software development work
- Allocating support work, ensuring that a quality technical solution is produced in short timescales
- Interacting with client representatives and supervising team members’ client interaction
- Ensuring allocated work scopes are produced within budget and timescale; report current status, estimate to complete and resource requirements
- Identifying processes and patterns of work areas and recommending procedures to improve standardisation and consistency of approach
- Peer review of process improvements / standardisation of procedures
- Monitoring trends and new products in the marketplace and recommending those which could benefit the company
- Mentoring Lead, Senior Engineers, Engineers and graduates in their day to day work.
- A Masters’ Degree with relevant industry experience is preferred, however those possessing other academic or vocational qualifications or who can demonstrate a greater level of relevant practical experience with a proven track-record may be considered
- Proven team leadership and technical project management experience
- Understanding of development & programming of various PLC platforms (Rockwell, Siemens, GE Fanuc ect) and SCADA & HMI platforms (ICONICS, Wonderware, VTS, Factory Talk ect)
- Understanding of software development for redundant solutions; TCP/IP and serial comms
- Knowledge of networking and communication protocols, OPC DA UA, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP etc
- Experience of software version control, test methodologies and software development processes
- Understanding/experience of IEC 61508 Functional safety
- Passion for technology and continuous personal development, and a commitment to continuous improvement of products, process and tools.
Our client offers a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.