Job DescriptionPosition Description:
Saudi Aramco’s BI & Mobile Applications Division is looking for a user experience designer to support the application development teams with user interface design for software applications. The candidate will be responsible for creating compelling, effective, and innovative user experiences across our software portfolio, including portals, mobile applications and Web applications. The candidate must be proficient in creative design, able to transform ideas and concepts into mockups and, ultimately, finished visual designs.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver, quick learner, self-starter, well organized and an excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. The candidate should possess that rare mix of ability in creative and interaction design, web design and prototyping skills. They also have the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex subject matter into clean, understandable solutions and then communicate their work effectively with product stakeholders and the application development team.
The candidate will work with application developers to help them better understand interaction requirements and designs so they can deliver high quality applications on time, optimized for the target end-users.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Digital Art, Management Information Technology (MIS) or an equivalent major.
- 3 years’ experience with User Interface Design and Graphical Design.
- A solid understanding of the user-centered design process and related methodologies.
- Ability to design highly usable interfaces for multiple devices and channels - internet, intranet, mobile devices, tablets and touch screens etc.
- Proficient with design tools (such as Sketch; Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Previous experience in user experience and creative design for web applications, portals and mobile applications.
- Ability to produce high-quality creative designs to tight deadlines.
- An innovative and flexible attitude.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal, presentation and written).
- Master’s Degree Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Digital Art or an equivalent major.
- Work experience in a creative design agency or user experience firm.
- Expertise in one or more of the following specialisms: Information Architecture, Interaction Design, User Research, Research Analysis, UX Copywriting.
- Proficient with design, animation and usability tools in addition to the minimum requirement (such as Adobe After Effects, Tobii Studio, Optimal Workshop).
- Transform conceptual designs/mockups into actual innovative and creative designs.
- Work closely with application developers in the creative design and user interface of new applications such portals, web applications and mobile applications.
- Produce design concepts for awareness campaign materials, banners, posters, flyers and a variety of materials using Adobe tools.
- Actively communicate with business customers to understand their requirements and deliver creative design concepts and finalize designs to their satisfaction.
- Generate user journeys, user flows, layouts and visual designs either digitally or through scamps or storyboards.
- Effectively visualize concepts and pitch ideas internally or to customers at presentation meetings.
- Develop different design concepts and present them to customers.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal business users and project teams to
translate their business requirements into usable and captivating experiences.
- Facilitate design reviews with technology teams, internal business customers and project stakeholders.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices.