Job DescriptionAs Procurement Manager for this EPC business you will be responsible for leading the procurement team on major engineering and construction projects ensuring the timely supply of all materials and services.
You’ll be responsible for developing the sourcing strategy, identifying the right suppliers and negotiating contracts.
You’ll need to have a background in EPC and experience procuring large engineering packages, most likely in the Oil & Gas or Chemical industry.
- To manage the procurement team and ensuring the right materials and services provided are of project specifications compliance, at the optimum price, delivery and favourable terms & conditions
- To manage all procurement activities both locally and overseas, and to oversee and ensure that budgetary and staff controls are in place.
- To ensure the accuracy and correctness of Purchase Orders and other relevant documents, and to ensure all documents are in order prior to endorsement and submission to higher management for approval.
- To devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- To identify and research potential new suppliers both locally and globally
- To research new products and services to meet the company’s goals and objectives
- To source, negotiate and purchase materials and services from identified & reliable local and overseas sources to secure advantageous terms
- To track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness