Job DescriptionOur client is one of the country’s leading construction companies that build and operate a number of Energy from Waste sites. They are in search of an experienced Plant Manager to take lead at one of their newly built plants based in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire.
Salary £70,000-£80,000 + benefits
Main Purpose of Job
- The Plant Manager will lead the Operations Management team and oversee day-to-day operations of the plant and to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Help identify areas of improvement and develop new processes to maximise safety, quality and productivity.
- To exceed customer expectations via effective planning, organising, directing and running of the overall operations of the Plant.
- Allocate resources effectively whilst increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while maximising profitability and minimising unnecessary costs without compromising quality standards.
- Implement strategies in line with company initiatives and provide clear focus and direction to Operations Team.
- Monitor and manage operations with a trouble-shooting mind-set and trigger corrective action as and when needed.
- Recruit, manage and develop Plant staff. Address employee’s issues or grievances for when they arise.
- Responsibility for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Stay up to date with latest waste management best practices and concepts
- Demonstrable experience as Plant Manager from within the EFW sector
- Good business knowledge including (budgeting management, P&L accounts, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Degree in Business Management or Engineering would be of advantage however not essential