NES are delighted to be working closely with a leading Energy from Waste provider to recruit an experienced Shift Team Leader for one of their newly built Power stations based in Hertfordshire.
Salary £45,000-£50,000 + benefits
Reporting to the Operations Manager, main job purpose:
To lead a team of Plant Operators and be responsible for ensuring the station hits its production targets in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Shift Team Leader responsibilities:
- Complying with the strict HSE rules ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters and whilst regulatory company policies and procedures are being met.
- Responsibility to manage safety systems including the permit to work system and carrying out isolations as required.
- Providing supervision and technical assistance to team as required
- Ensuring team are well supported and trained to deliver their duties effectively
- Working in line with company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Please note this role will involve a mixture of day work (Mon to Fri) and shift work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- HNC/HND/DEGREE qualified in an engineering discipline
- Experience of working within an operational environment within the Power Station. The following backgrounds will be considered: waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Able to schedule and co-ordinate work to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisation skills
In return, our client can offer you an attractive salary and benefits package, including training opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly respected and dynamic organisation. Please submit your CV via the Apply now button below or contact Melanie Rana on 01619424003 / 07714799870