HSSE Data Specialist
Work Schedule: Regular – 40 hrs/week
Assignment Length: 2 Years
Location: Calgary, potential (infrequent) travel to project locations
Start Date: January 6, 2020 – 31 December 2022
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking an experienced HSSE Data Specialist who will deliver HSSE insights and value in uncertain reporting dimensions.
In this role you will work closely with the HSSE Data Specialist based out of Kitimat and HSSE Leads at the Modular Fabrication Yards to support incident management processes and ensure accurate monitoring and reporting of HSSE performance. You will also interact with various levels of leadership and provide HSSE Presentations where required, communicate with representatives from Gatekeeper Network, and provide planning and coordination support to the HSSE Systems team. This role provides you with the ability to challenge business need for requested and ad hoc HSSE performance reports.
Purpose & Accountabilities:
As a Data Management Specialist and frequent user of an HSSE Incident management system, HSSE Reporting Specialist is accountable for:
- Project HSSE Data Gatekeeper
- Accountable for the management of Modular Fabrication incidents and overall accountability for the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- For the Modular Fabrication Yards QA/QC assurance of incident investigation, corrective action, and learnings from incident (LFI) and tracking, analyzing and maintaining incident data for communication & planning purposes
- Accountable for the HSE Dashboards/Scorecards/KPIs (including Near Miss)/Data Compliance/ Incident Action Status / Group Reporting data
- Providing guidance to others across the organization who are leveraging the HSSE Reporting system for reporting and LFI purposes
- Working with Global Gatekeepers and incident owners to troubleshoot system functionality issues to ensure accuracy of data
- Managing large amount of data with data trending system; Spotfire, Power BI, Business Objects
- Developing and maintaining Data Trending reports and associated webpage
- Developing and distributing both scheduled and ad hoc HSSE performance reports as scheduled / needed
The HSSE Reporting Specialist is also responsible for:
- Providing data entry support during off hours including evenings and week-ends
- Analyzing incident data and identifying trends.
- Providing back-up for the HSSE Data Analyst based out of Kitimat
Skills & Requirements:
- Knowledge in the field of HSSE; in particular performance reporting, incident management. Expertise in Data Management and Trending Systems (this mainly includes Excel)
- At least 3-5 years in roles requiring extensive strong Data Management Experience in HSSE.
- Demonstrated experience using Spotfire, Power BI and/ or Business Objects preferred
- Knowledge of Construction activities and HSSE considered an asset.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, multi-location, Major Projects environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of a HSSE Management System, and specifically OSHA reporting perimeters considered an asset.