Job DescriptionThe incumbent will Provide professional advice and guidance on division specific financial, accounting, management accounting, tax and related issues, whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of the underlying principles, concepts and standards. Collects analyses and presents financial data, both internally and externally. He/She will work alongside the Head of Venture Control.
- Perform the accounting of all revenues ensuring correct invoice coding. Perform month end reconciliation which reconciles volumes to the production allocation reports. Perform the quarterly price adjustment reconciliation and post the adjustment invoice
- Review allocated and direct operating costs for reasonableness and review the monthly capacity usage reconciliation. Review lease postings for accuracy and reasonableness. Ensure all cash calls are posted and accounted for correctly
- Compile the cash forecasting for technical SAP companies by coordinating and revewing input from other areas of finance. Review cash forecast for reasonableness before sending to treasury.
- Perform the monthly tax calculation. Coordinate and review inputs from Asset & Materials, Allocation and Planning. Prepare for and calculate tax post TPOB regime expiry. Address working level queries raised by Shareholder representatives
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual financial statements, in particular drafting various financial notes and ensuring compliance with the most up to date IFRS reporting standard
- Contribute to the preparation of Monthly Shareholder Reporting and query resolution from internal and external stakeholders. Produce the statistical reporting i.e PPI report, QCB Report, Sales report, foreign invements survey and energy survey. Preparation of adhoc reporting as required
- Monthly upload of the production volume data in BPC and associated revenues. Ensure integrity of the the inputs into the planning system.Contribute to the preparation of the annual budget and long term business plan (WP&B).
- Co-ordinate the approval and implementation of master data requests, ensuring that the various reporting hierarchies are consistently updated with new accounts or amended mappings
- Co-ordinate the monthly account reconciliation process and perform own account reconciliations.
- Ensure a strong understanding of the compliance framework including standards of internal controls, addressing control gaps and recommending process changes. Ensure an effective control environment is applied including application of TOFA.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Commerce.
· A member of an internationally recognised professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.) is preferred.
Knowledge and/or Experience
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred
· Strong knowledge of accounting systems.
· Strong financial knowledge in a range of areas including compilation and analysis
· Strong commercial knowledge related to the oil and gas industry
Technical and Business Skills ·
Proficient in written and spoken English.
Computer literacy, including working knowledge of business software programmes such as EC, SAP and BPC
Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external clients.
Specialised financial knowledge in a range of areas including consolidation, compilation and analysis.
Strong analytical, organisational and planning skills.