Job DescriptionProject Controls Specialist
Location: St. James, LA
Pay rate: $55 - $60/hr - Overtime eligible
The Project Controls Specialist/Analyst will be responsible for providing cost engineering services. The candidate will provide project controls with forward looking information identifying project performance and comparisons against targets, be an active team member providing relevant input and analysis to Turnaround Planning/Execution, and manage changes to the budget and schedule as appropriate. In addition, the successful candidate will have continuous interaction with a cross functional team including: Maintenance, Engineering, Operations, & Finance. The normal work schedule will be 40 hours during preliminary planning periods and increase as needed leading up to Turnaround Execution.
- Review and/or develop cost estimates for Turnaround and develop the control budget from these estimates
- Work with the Turnaround Team to establish planned cash flow of project expenditures
- Monitor and report Turnaround costs and perform analysis regarding deviations from the control budget
- Calculate monthly accruals, include in forecasts and communicate to accounting department
- Audit Invoices
- Review budget proposals for accuracy in cost and schedule
- Manpower reporting
- Work with contractor scheduler to ensure they have a realistic and accurate schedule
- Develop with the Turnaround Team realistic forecasts of the overall project cost and schedule
- Ensure the planned schedule is aligned with the control budget and cash flow
- Manage, document and communicate change to the Turnaround budget and schedule
- Facilitate risk assessments, peer reviews, and audits as necessary
- Evaluate project risks and communicate cost and/or schedule exposure to Turnaround Management
- Costs/Schedule Productivity Analysis
- Track change orders
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Construction/Project Management, or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in project controls / cost control / scheduling / estimating within the refining. Petrochemical, or energy industry is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent team work and organization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products – Excel, Access. PowerPoint, Word required.
- Familiarity with SAP and P6 software is a plus.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as Turnaround dictate