Job DescriptionMolecular Biologist – London – Biotech – Permanent
Molecular biology is rooted at the core of key advancements in the field of genetic medicine and is rapidly developing technical area of science. My client, a leading Biotechnology company based in London is currently seeking the expertise of a Molecular Biologist to aid in the engineering and development of their unique DNA focused platform and subsequent therapeutic pipeline for treatment of a variety of disease states.
Molecular Biologist Key Responsibilities:
- Carrying out innovative, DNA focused research using mammalian cell culture expression systems
- Support the design and construction of plasmids for next generation DNA constructs using a variety of molecular techniques.
- Develop streamlined plasmid systems for protein expression optimisation.
- Establish a DNA construct library and carry out molecular cloning using technologies such as Gibson and Golden Gate cloning.
- Use data analysis skills to decipher meaning from complex data
- Apply innovative research methods to establish new DNA/construct manufacturing strategies
- PhD focused in Genetics/Molecular Biology/Bioengineering OR MSc with 3+ years industrial experience.
- Proven working experience with recombinant DNA cloning/gene assembly, and strong knowledge of cloning techniques including Gibson and Golden gate cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, gene assembly, DNA extraction methods, bacterial transformation, restriction enzyme digest analysis, primer design & PCR and DNA sequencing.
- Diverse molecular biology skills, with a flexible technical approach to genetic manipulation, from either an academic or industrial setting (preferred)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- An understanding of computer programs DNA manipulation and sequence analysis
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or patents filed are a plus
- Excellent communication skills with a dynamic and team player mentality.