Job DescriptionSenior DNA Purification Scientist – London – Biotech – Permanent
Molecular biology with its DNA coding is rooted at the core of key advancements in the field of genetic medicine, and is rapidly developing technical area of science. My client, a leading Biotechnology company based in London is currently seeking the expertise of a Senior DNA Purification Scientist to aid in the engineering, development and purification of their unique DNA focused platform and subsequent therapeutic pipeline for treatment of a variety of disease states.
Senior DNA Purification Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Apply molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid amplification, qPCR, DNA/RNA purification and quantification to obtain samples of DNA.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure corre
- Use data analysis skills to decipher meaning from complex data.
- Mentor and develop more junior members of staff to aid in their professional growth.
- Lead innovative research methods to establish new DNA/construct manufacturing strategies.
- Identify areas of improvement within the company operating model and implement new strategies to improve them.
- Proficiency with molecular biology wet lab techniques, such as nucleic acid amplification, qPCR, DNA/RNA purification and quantification.
- Experience with Droplet Digital™ PCR (ddPCR™)
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Diverse molecular biology skills, with a flexible technical approach to genetic manipulation, from either an academic or industrial setting (preferred)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or patents filed are a plus
- Excellent communication skills with a dynamic and team player mentality, proven experience mentoring and training more junior members of staff.