NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a leading manufacturer and distributor of industrial chemicals, has a strategic vision to develop and maintain capabilities for World Class Manufacturing, which requires continuous improvement of their Project Manager Program globally.
Reporting to the VP of Global Asset Management & Technology, you will be an SME in Project Delivery and enable the safe, efficient and effective delivery of Capital Projects across 17 facilities. Leveraging your deep PMO expertise the continual improvement of the company Project Management System (PMS) and influencing improvement to associated systems (e.g. CAPEX, Procurement) will not only be a key coaching and influencing deliverable but look to offer best in class continuous improvement strategies. This role will offer you a diverse and dynamic steering committee, project teams and operational leader’s engagements with a key focus on being a trusted partner. Your duties will include:
- Stakeholder Management and ability to influence outside the line;
- Coverage – multiple regions and business units concurrently;
- Translating strategy into key business outcomes;
- Developing Talent and Capability in partnership with your HR Manager
- Dealing effectively with ambiguity and uncertainty in a constantly changing work environment
What We’re Looking For
- Significant experience in chemical, mining or heavy industry with a minimum of 10-years’ experience in Turnaround and Project Delivery roles including managing at least two Turnarounds of greater than $10M value.
- Demonstrated experience working with large matrix-style organizations across multiple regions
- A leadership style that is inclusive, collaborative and value setting
- Passion for coaching, mentoring and enabling an employee to be their best daily
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil).
- SAP, Microsoft Office suite & Turnaround management systems.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player