Topsides Lead/Project Manager
|Job Title:||Topsides Lead/Project Manager|
|Location:||Houston, United States|
|Contact Name:||Simmie Colson|
|Job Published:||November 22, 2019 20:52|
Duration: 4+ year contract assignment
Location: Houston, TX
Reports to: FPU Manager
• Management of Topsides related activities during the Project FEED and execution phases
• Safe, on time and within budget delivery of all elements related to the FPU topsides systems whilst ensuring a high level of quality consistent with a project design life of 25 years
• Ensuring that all FPU Topsides work activities are performed in compliance with project technical requirements and regulatory requirements, and that the design / procurement is fit for purpose.
• Respecting HSES rules and requirements and for ensuring their application.
• Provide project management and leadership for FPU topsides covering detailed engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and hand over to field operation team.
• Demonstrable HSE leadership in design input, contractor & supplier selection, fabrication facilities and offshore. Ensuring HSE commitments are well understood and respected.
• Report cost, schedule, progress and technical issues to FPU Lead
• Lead the FPU topsides team from FEED to start-up including delivery of FPU contract requirements throughout the execution of the project with the various contractors involved.
• Accountable for input to, development and maintenance of and performance against cost and schedule of Topsides delivery from FEED to handover to Operations
• Develop resource plans within available budgets to deliver Topsides on budget and schedule
• Accountable for project risks and mitigation plans for Topsides ensuring top risks to cost or schedule are well understood by FPU Manager and shared with the wider project team.
• Define, monitor and manage work tasks with external consultants and contractors as required.
• Ensure implementation of Project digital requirements for the Topsides activities and ensure emphasis on the digital aspect
• During the FEED phase, support Engineering in completing FEED design deliverables through regular interaction, timely review of documents and proactive monitoring of engineering performance against schedule. Support Engineering Manager in closure of outstanding queries or other client input to FEED engineering deliverables.
• During Detailed Engineering and Execution phases, supervise and control the FPU Topsides detailed engineering activities by timely review / validation of documentation issued by contractor(s) (technical documentation / queries / derogation requests), confirmation of compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures, General Specifications, international norms & standards with the objective to ensure respect of schedule, costs, quality and safety. Raise necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable / unjustified design choices, constructability issues.
• Accountable for managing procurement activities together with Engineer including technical and functional specifications, bid evaluation, clarifications and award, surveillance of supplier progress, quality, deliverables and production, FAT and as-built vendor documentation. This also includes ensuring Contractor compliance on preservation and/or maintenance at the fabrication yard.
• Support all activities related to compliance with regulatory requirements (CFR) in particular with BSEE and USCG.
• Identify, implement and manage all necessary FPU Topsides engineering studies.
• Ensure all the appropriate technical documentation related to Topsides is validated, maintained, as-built and handed over to Field Operations.
• Throughout all project phases, review Topsides engineering work in detail for complex issues which may jeopardize the cost or schedule of the Project.
• Participate in meetings with FPU contractors (weekly progress meeting, monthly status meetings, and technical meetings)
• Ensure that Topsides construction activities are performed in line with engineering documents and project specifications with proper quality surveillance.
• Support the Hull and Mooring Lead in preparing for the Topside integration (lifting) operation as well as the preparation and supervision of the operation at the Yard.
• Accountable for any carry over work at the final preparation yard and/or offshore.
• B.S. in Engineering
• 15+ years in Project Management positions for topsides engineering and delivery with a proven track record in engineering and construction positions
• 10+ years in Senior Engineering roles
• Semi-Submersible Platform Topsides Lead– expert level of knowledge and experience
• Structural or mechanical – expert level of knowledge
• Instrument, Control and Safety Systems – High level of knowledge
• Deep water developments – proficient level of experience
• Safe working practice in fabrication yards and offshore construction projects – proficient level of knowledge
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's