Job DescriptionPosition: Country Representative/ Project Manager (Expat)
Reports to: Vice President, Operations
Job Type: Permanent, Expat rotational or Residential
Location: Houston, TX and Angola, West Africa
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a global Engineering & Construction Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Country Rep/ Project Manager for an expat assignment on a rotational basis to work out of West Africa in Angola.
The Country Representative/ Project Manager will oversee a portfolio of offshore, brownfield engineering (EPC) projects in West Africa. The ideal incumbent will coordinate project resources between local office in Houston and in Angola and at times directly manage projects. The Country Rep will either work in country as an expat on a rotational basis or can choose to work in country on a residential assignment.
- Provides project interface management and coordination between Angola and Houston office on the development of offshore EPC project deliverables
- Primary interface between local clients, local Company in Angola office, and Houston office
- Utilizes strong technical skills and knowledge to support project execution and delivery
- Coordinates project work resources between local office and office in country
- Directly manages projects as needed
- Assists in management and coordination of activities between all project functions and disciplines
- Assists with coordination of Company personnel travel logistics when required
- Implements Company policies including compliance, safety, and quality policies and procedures
- Keep Houston office abreast of project and commercial conditions in Angola
- Coordinates business development efforts with Company Houston, including proposals, CTR's, and other commercial items to help grow the business in Angola
- Build relationship with local clients and also local Company Angola team
- Overall country representative looking after Company best interests
- Represents Company (Houston) in a positive and professional manner whilst in country
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited Engineering institution
- Minimum of 12+ years as Project Engineer/ Project Manager executing on of oil and gas engineering projects - preferably upstream facilities type of projects
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience managing or supporting brown-field, offshore EPC projects
- Strong technical experience dealing with multi-engineering disciplines
- Practical experience dealing with oil and gas projects - particularly offshore - experience in EPC projects
- Experience in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFP) and the development of corresponding cost estimates / CTR's / schedules, etc.
- Demonstrates initiative, innovation, and assertiveness, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Meets deadlines
- Practical experience in working in international operations, environments and conditions.
- Ability to travel overseas and work flexible schedules
- Prior experience working internationally or with other cultures is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships both internally and externally with staff, clients, and partners
- Professional presence with clients, peers, and senior management Solid relationship and negotiation skills
- Self-starter - dynamic leadership skills
- Strong work ethic
- Well organized
- Fluid presentation skills
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading EPC Company who are driving forward increasingly specialised and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive competitive base salary as well as uplift, per diem, housing, comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, matching 401K, holidays/ PTO, and more.