Job DescriptionSenior Maintenance and Reliability Manager
Job Summary / Overview:
The Senior Maintenance and Reliability Manager is responsible for the overall safety and effectiveness of the Mechanical Electrical/Instrument maintenance and reliability functions for the plant facilities and grounds. In addition, responsible for developing and implementing turn around schedules and plans. Carries out objectives consistent with safety, budgets, productivity improvements, scheduling and maintenance excellence.
This role is a management level position that supports an overall team effort to develop and implement a reliability plan which includes budgets, Health, Safety, Security & Environmental matters, Organizational & Cultural development of the Maintenance Organization, and other aspects of the company’s business. The Senior Maintenance and Reliability Manager shall provide instruction, support, operational and strategic direction to the divisional Maintenance Department and support and provide time-sensitive information at a managerial level to facilitate sound decisions on issues facing the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
- Direct and manage the site maintenance staff to implement best maintenance practices and provide technical expertise to reduce costs and improve process uptime and mechanical reliability.
- Direct the planning and scheduling program, and its effectiveness, through the use of established benchmarks and parameters.
- Control maintenance expenditures within budget requirements by monitoring expenditures, adjusting priorities and forecasting maintenance needs.
- Implement and evaluate Preventive Maintenance Programs.
- Oversee plant equipment reliability procedures that focus on employee safety guided by equipment industry best practice
- Participate and/or lead in process safety site activities like Root Cause Analysis, PHA Review, MOC and PSM.
- Oversee the development of written procedures for the maintenance department.
Education, Experience, and/or Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum twenty (20) years’ experience in a process plant environment, ten (10) of which must be a supervisory position required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Experience with Yokogawa DCS preferred.