Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: Senior Reservoir Analyst
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Houston, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a Global LNG Company, is looking to hire a Sr. Reservoir Analyst for a permanent position based in Houston, TX.
The Senior Reservoir Analyst is responsible for creating, maintaining and updating ARIES reserves databases and related technical databases. They will be working closely with engineers and others in the upstream group providing analytical and business support in areas such as: acquisitions, budget, AFEs and SEC reserves accounting (SMOG, impairment calculations, etc).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Create and manage reserves databases (mostly ARIES)
- Generate reports and queries by integrating various databases; prepare presentation graphics and provide other displays as needed
- Work with engineers and finance personnel to run economic models and scenarios
- Search and compile well and production data from various sources such as Enerdeq and Drilling Info
- Create and maintain related databases such as: Spotfire, SQL, etc.
- Work with consultants to help generate reserves reports
- Mentor less experienced staff
- Degree in STEM or Business-related majors
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a reservoir analyst/technician
- Proficient in ARIES, Microsoft Access and Excel; SQL is a plus
- Management experience over SEC based reserves database
- Experience with upstream M&A work is preferred
- Working knowledge with Spotfire, Enerdeq, Drilling Info, PHDWin and other reservoir engineering related software
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written), and able to interact, collaborate and influence across all levels of the organization
This is an excellent opportunity to become part one of the world’s fasting growing Global LNG Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package with medical benefits, matching 401K, PTO, life insurance, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Dharani “Dot” Saiz.