My client is developing new methods of high quality DNA manufacture using novel in vitro processes, due to their continued growth and success, a great opportunity has arisen in our new division for a Manufacturing Scientist.
The successful applicant will play an important role in the manufacturing for external clients, troubleshooting various methods. Working within a team to manufacture their DNA products and participate in the establishment of our brand new, state of the art laboratory. This position will be highly collaborative and the candidate will be expected to interact with outside contractors and clients.
Manufacturing Scientist Key Skills:
- Relevant experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industrial company
- Ability to follow defined operational instructions and aid in writing future GMP records
- Experience in a wide range of Molecular techniques including the analysis of DNA and proteins, DNA based experience is preferential
- Experience in aseptic technique and controlled environments i.e. clean rooms.
- Familiarity with industry quality standards such as ISO/ cGMP is essential. Performing duties according to Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) would be advantageous
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an excellent attention to detail
- The ideal candidate will be Degree level or equivalent qualification in Molecular Biology / Biochemistry or a related discipline with relevant work experience in a controlled scientific environment. A broad range of laboratory skills is essential and some insight into Quality Control would be highly advantageous
- At least 1 to 2 years relevant experience, in an industrial setting, preferably within a regulated laboratory environment. Knowledge of GMP laboratories would be an advantage.