Job DescriptionCommercial Director – UK & Eire – Building Products – Sheffield – Industry Leading Package
My client a global leader in building materials are looking for a Commercial Director to be responsible for their UK and Ireland region, based in Sheffield.
This is a newly created role whereby they are after someone with a solid industry background and high business acumen. The ideal candidate will have the drive and desire for succession into Managing Director role of this dynamic business in the future.
The Commercial Director will be responsible for developing and driving the commercial strategy in order to achieve the company’s growth aspirations and financial targets.
My client has a matrix structure whereby you will be indirectly leading various commercial teams to deliver budgeted sales volumes, margins and market share targets.
- Drive commercial excellence throughout the business using performance data to deliver results
- Collaborate across the board and with senior management to ensure strategies are supported and embedded into the business with key focus on costs, profitability, safety, quality and customer service
- Coach and manage direct reports and wider commercial function to drive a high performance culture
- Analyse future market conditions to drive strategy and growth in line with company objectives
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements and policies
- Identify and secure export opportunities via inter-co cross selling, third party distribution channels and other routes to market
- Ensure in country marketing activities are aligned to the groups commercial strategy and add value
- Lead and support commercial teams in securing profitable delivery of major contracts
- Establish close working relationships with key customers to ensure the renewal of existing business and the generation of new business
- Drive new product development strategy
- Extensive experience in a senior commercial/sales management function including customer relations, and pricing with strong negotiation skills
- Experience of technical specification driven sales in building products
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills
- A flexible, innovative and adaptable leader, who is pragmatic and results driven with an eye for detail
- Positive attitude, strategic and open-minded team player with a natural ability to collaborate effectively across a global organisation and cultivate innovation
- Proven leadership skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a commercial/engineering discipline