Job DescriptionSenior Project Manager/Director – Global Chemical Operator – Belgium with international scope – Competitive salary and package
My client is a dynamic and innovative global chemical company who are currently going through a period of growth and investing heavily into their global mega-project portfolio.
To support this growth they are looking for a charismatic & credible Senior Project Manager/Director with a proven track record of delivering mega projects through the full project lifecycle in the chemical/petrochemical sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a complex brownfield mega project in Europe and have quick succession into one of their international world scale JV greenfield investment projects.
This is a rare industry opportunity to be part of something new and huge, whilst playing a pivotal role in building new growth projects with strategic focus. You will have a background in mega projects as the owner or PMC and have a strong understanding of the different stage gates of a project to take it from FEL through full EPC to completion.
It is vital that you have experience of managing large multi-disciplinary project teams, including EPC teams and have had full accountability for the scope of a full project.
- Define scope & project objectives to cost, quality and time to meet the requirements of the contract
- Ensure design is constructed safely, efficiently and in an economical way to schedule
- Communicate effectively key messages to the steering committee and stakeholders with corrective actions and solutions
- Establish the contractor agreement and ensure full legal compliance
- Drive contractor performance, challenge and support them to strive for solutions and manage all activities
- Effectively manage risks, taking corrective action through a pro-active approach and mitigation plans
- Drive a high safety culture
- Skilled in building and developing project teams
- Fast-paced, proactive leader
- Experience leading large multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary project teams as the PMC or owner
- Degree qualified in engineering/project management or equivalent
- Strong understanding of EPC contractors
- Experience with European brownfield expansion projects
- Must be flexible on future working location and travel