Job DescriptionSenior Process Development Scientist – Biotech – London
A leading Biotech in the London region has developed a high quality DNA manufacturing platform and is currently seeking the expertise of a Senior Process Development Scientist.
This role will involve working in a team focussed on optimising production processes, establishing critical parameters and controls; industrial scale up and technical transfer of methods to third parties/GMP production team. This position will be highly collaborative, working with production, quality and R&D teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with clients, outside collaborators and contractors as required.
Senior Process Development Scientist Key Background:
- A familiarity with standard bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatography, tangential flow filtration and filtration.
- Expertise in standard Molecular Biology techniques such as restriction digestion and PCR as well as in related DNA characterisation techniques.
- Used to keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments as well as experience of writing technical reports to a good standard.
- Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated, having excellent communication skills and an ability to learn new techniques.
- The ability to work well in a team environment and balance workload demands is vital.
- PhD in Biochemistry / Molecular Biology OR have an equivalent level of industrial experience (>3 years). Experience or knowledge of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting is essential.
- Process characterisation, qualification and validation.
- Familiarity with the use of enzymatic processes in an industrial setting
- Proficiency with design of experiments software and techniques may be beneficial.
- Experience with taking a risk based approach to process development.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.