Job DescriptionJob Title: Principal Subsea Structural Engineer
Contract: 6 Months
Our Client is a leading engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) company focused on executing complex offshore oil and gas projects
- Experience in flowline subsea structures and riser systems
- Fluent in using SACS structural analysis and able to carry out various engineering analyses including lift, transport, installation, in-place and fatigue.
- Experience in using ABAQUS finite element software would be a significant advantage.
- Able to produce and review detail design of structural design packages.
- Ability to use advanced design and analytical tools for structures and to develop MathCAD/Window-based calculation sheets for specific design case.
- Basic understanding on project management project execution, HAZOP, HAZID and PHA.
- Able to approve all detail design package.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Report to the Structural Lead Engineer on a daily basis with progress, issues & concerns
- Assists in transition from FEED to EPCI detailed design analyses, calculations and reports, procedures
- Inputs for requisitions and reviews of vendor and subcontractor submittals
- Resolve technical queries
- Reviews engineering design basis
- Estimates for bid proposals, including technical queries, execution statements, schedule and man?hour estimates
- Updates to departmental technical guidelines and standards
When acting as Principal Engineer, reviews and approves:
- Execution plans
- Deliverables lists
- Project budgets Estimates
- Progress and productivity reports
- Engineering design basis
- Design reports
- Technical queries
- Responding to technical comments on Single discipline checks (SDC) / inter? discipline checks (IDC), Issued for Review (IFR) and Approved for Construction (AFC) phases
- To carry out any other work as and when required by the Company
- Recognized as an expert within the company
- Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Requires in?depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the functions
- Prepare/review and (as Lead) approve analysis and design reports
- Participate in design reviews and verifications
- Review and (as Lead) approve third party reports