Job DescriptionThe role:
Innovative scientific instrumentation designer and manufacturer is looking for a Test Engineer to test high-precision electro-mechanical components, instruments and associated items. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor within a highly-technical low volume manufacturing environment, activities will be varied due to a large product range.
- Carry out a range of functional tests, against company test procedures, on a range of electro mechanical products, in order to ensure that the product will be in compliance with the relevant national/international/in-house standards and methods
- Calibration and Testing of the design, performance and compliance of both current and new product introductions (NPI) in a safe manner
- Maintain excellent working relationships throughout the business at all levels to ensure all test needs and requirements are met swiftly, efficiently and in accordance with the production schedule
- Assist in the evaluation of product changes associated with Test methods for the existing product range
- Compiling reports and documentation for internal and customer reference on all tests conducted
- Liaison with appropriate Engineering and Production Engineering Staff on any test related issues identified.
Qualifications & Experience:
For this vital role we require someone who can demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes;
- An NVQ or BTEC qualification in an Engineering Discipline or ‘A’ level grades in Science and Maths
- Experience with a good, broad working knowledge of testing electro mechanical products, ideally with the use and knowledge of Chemicals and Pressure Testing
- A good track record of demonstrating analytical problem solving skills
- Enthusiasm, good communication skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work across a range of products simultaneously
- Ability to produce Test Reports to a high standard in presentation and written English
- Attention to detail, organised and able to prioritise
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
This represents an opportunity to play an important role in an ambitious, unique company. If you’d like to hear more please get in touch.