Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are pertnered with a Global business to secure a Quantity Surveyor for a contract position.
The responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor include:
- Responsible along with project manager/project director for financial performance on assigned projects and address commercial requirements of the contract.
- Manage flow of information to ensure compliance with program and contract commitments.
- Prepare all contractual correspondence like applications, early warning notices, delay notices, notices for compensation events, variations etc.
- Liaise with client commercial teams to discuss and agree progress, applications, variations, claims, final accounts as applicable.
- Achieve close control of all costs, including monthly cashflow projections, optimize project’s working capital performance costs and organize timely collection of cash.
- Conduct project reviews with project manager and highlight risks and opportunities to enable early mitigation.
- Manage sub-contractor costs and payment certification, working with purchasing to optimize supplier performance and sub-contractor costs.
- Assist in the resolution of disputes as and when required.
- Prepare supporting documentation for pursuing new projects including preparation of project cost budgets.
- Stay abreast of professional developments in the field of quantity surveying
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Experience within construction / MEP discipline
- 3+ years experience
- Experience of working with standard from contracts
This is a PAYE contract which includes pension contributions and accruing holidays.