Job DescriptionA TAX FREE Contractual Job Opportunity has just been made available for an experienced HSE Training Supervisor to be based in Qatar for a terminal operating company providing container, general cargo, RORO, livestock and offshore supply services in Hamad Port, Qatar’s gateway to world trade.
To support in identifying training needs, plan, develop and execute HSE training programs on all related issues and emergency management to all company divisional employees in order to promote a safe working environment within the company HSE policy and guidelines.
Analyze and identify HSE training needs for all site personnel and develop the training plan & key performance indicators (KPIs) in accordance with the annual HSE plan and company policies & procedures in order to be able to address competency gaps. Plan and conduct HSE training programs for all operations in order to create awareness and promote a safe working environment across the division to be able to map out annual training plans for the HSE department. Provide HSE training to contractors for company major projects, during shutdowns, star-up and commissioning activities and ensure their full understanding of the company’s HSE guidelines and standards to minimize risk impact of non-compliance.
To qualify, candidate must possess the following:
Key decisions affecting the direction and operation of the function must be referred to HSE Director for ratification before they can be implemented. The job holder exercises financial authority as per the level established by company’s management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Discipline.
- NEBOSH IGC/Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety.
- 6 years of relevant experience in a similar organization and 3+ years in supervisory roles.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic.
- Expertise in maintaining all safety measures and norms effectively.
- Must have experience in the preparation of course materials, course outlines, lesson plans, power point presentations and written/practical assessments.
- Must have experience in conducting classroom and practical trainings and assessments.
- Strong training presentation, coordination, evaluation and planning skills.
- Experience in the field of managing safety aspects in similar industries.
- Good knowledge of main safety procedure.
- Ability to investigate
- Ability to document manuals
- Risk Assessment skills
- Ability to integrate
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Qatar and GCC culture and working environment.
Interested? Apply now and take advantage of this tax free job opportunity.