Job DescriptionInnovative scientific instrumentation designer and manufacturer requires an Instrument Assembler to build high-precision electro-mechanical components, instruments and associated items. Working within a highly technical, low volume manufacturing environment, your activities will be varied due to their large product range.
- Assembly/ manufacture of electro-mechanical components and instruments
- Fit and assembly of mechanical components making use of appropriate machinery/hand tools
- Manufacture and installation of wiring looms (using techniques such as soldering)
- Conduct quality testing and fault finding on instruments
- Ensure components issued, are of a suitable quality & condition, prior to any assembly operation
- Provide occasional support to the Service & Repair department
- Ensure that all H&SE policies and the company ISO guidelines are adhered to during manufacture/ assembly of instruments.
- Experience with precision electro-mechanical assemblies is essential
- A solid background in both mechanical fitting and electrical assembly
- Ability to read and interpret engineering instructions, drawings and BOM’s.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in producing high quality work. You should be organised, be able to prioritise effectively, have good attention to detail and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
If you’d like to be considered please apply as instructed below.