Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking an experienced AWS Data Lead with strong attention to detail to join their Calgary team on a 6-month contract in their downtown office. The role is Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day.
Position: AWS Data Lead
Contract: 6 months
Start date: Jan 2020
- Responsible for providing quality data to the businesses and functions in an efficient manner so that critical decisions can be made effectively and efficiently.
- Supports, promotes and documents all Data Management processes and procedures.
- Develops workflows and tools that automate data loading processes and help ensure data quality and integrity.
- Ensures the quality, consistency, and integrity of data in a timely, effective and reliable manner.
- Receives, archives, distributes, loads, and disposes off technical data according to policies, standards and procedures.
- Experienced level, typically 5-7 years of experience.
- Requires a strong understanding of discipline.
- Able to apply knowledge and experience to complex problems and develop recommendations.
- Makes decisions within broad parameters.
- Acts as an informal resource for others with less experience.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, with specialization in S3, Python, Lamdba and Athena.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL Teradata and Oracle
- Experience with technical tools such as Python and AWS tools.
- Working knowledge of technical applications such as Spotfire, Teradata Studio, Toad and/or SSIS