Supervise, plan and lead material purchasing/procurement section to ensure supply of direct/indirect materials supply to meet company.
Develop procurement long-term strategy, supply chain management to control and monitor the supply of operational spares to secure an uninterrupted operation of the refinery.
Undertake a quality assurance review of local engineering facilities and commercially evaluates the viability of Vendors to meet the Refinery's material supply requirements.
Develop, lead and implement procurement policies, procedures, business plans and budget.
Additionally, Plan to provide required materials procurement for planned and unplanned maintenance shutdowns, turn-around and projects.
Further, Coordinate with manufacturers, suppliers, vendors and agents, contractors, for the supply of plant requirements, and analyse high spend commodities and develop long-term supply chain strategy to achieve maximum commercial advantage.
- Coordinate the section in the timely procurement of SD/TA materials and procure assigned materials to support engineering and operations activities.
- Apply structured strategic sourcing processes addressing spend leverage under supply chain management and total cost consideration.
- Lead the section in the timely procurement at competitive prices to secure materials availability and comply with customer on site requirements.
- Develop procurement strategy, liaises with Material Management, Engineering Maintenance, Operational and Technical Support Functions in planning and recommending medium and long-term policies for the Refinery's material requirements.
- Identify business need to achieve lowest total cost including reliability and secured supplies for long and short terms agreement under supply chain management. Improve and deliver structural cost improvement savings with and for the business to meet business targets.
- Develops and maintains procurement policies and procedures, business plans and budget and lead to implement.
- Provide material statistical reports to support update of the Management Information System.
- Provide relevant information and advice to support the development of a sound departmental business plan.
- Ensure the business processes and work activities, relevant to position, are executed in compliance with policy, procedures and best practice to achieve the business objectives in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Lead, motivate, develop and assess the assigned team to achieve business objectives and grow capability.
- Organize adequate insurance coverage for materials in transit to protect company assets
- B.Sc. In a Technical area, ideally in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Good knowledge of ICC terminology is required.
- 10 years’ experience in the field of materials with at least 6 years spent in the field of purchasing in the petrochemical industry at a senior level.
- Very good English language skills and competent in the use of PC related applications