Work Location: Markham, Ontario
Start/End Dates: 1/13/2020 - 1/12/2021
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor for a 12-month contract in Markham, Ontario. The Environmental Analyst/Advisor is responsible for the development, execution and continuous improvement of environmental programs designed to achieve environmental compliance and support environmentally responsible operation of the gas distribution system.
- Program lead role for one or more Environmental Program: Environmental Compliance Approvals, Contaminated Sites, Hazardous Waste Management, Spills Management, Environmental Assessments/Screening, etc.
- Environmental reporting to regulators to confirm compliance with annual reporting requirements including terms and conditions of permits and/or approvals
- Developing and sustaining environmental standards, programs and procedures for application throughout EGI
- Supporting and responding to environmental inquiries (spills, suspect soil, etc.) from EGI Distribution Operations
- Developing scopes of work and reviewing and interpreting environmental results/reports; applying knowledge and experience to provide sound environmental advice and recommendations to business
- Preparing written communication (letters/reports) on environmental matters for stakeholders and regulators (e.g. Ontario Energy Board, Ministry of Environment Conservation and Parks (MECP), etc.)
- Participating in and leading meetings with project teams including internal/external stakeholders to discuss environmental projects, develop strategies for execution and supporting environmental compliance
- Identify opportunities for improvement within environmental programs and environmental aspects of construction projects; develop strategies and solutions to environmental matters and present recommendations to project teams for decision and implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental engineering/science;
- Professional designation in environmental field (i.e: P.Eng., P.Geo., EP)
- 7+ years applied, progressive environmental engineering/science experience; specific experience in air and noise emissions management, air and/or noise emissions modelling, Environmental Compliance Approvals (ECAs) and Contaminated Site Investigations is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of provincial and federal environmental legislation, including Ontario Energy Board environmental requirements
- Experience developing, implementing, communicating and sustaining corporate environmental programs and procedures
- Experience with Environment Management Systems (ISO 14001) and achieving system objectives, and requirements
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to diverse stakeholders
- Actively participate, collaborate and support team work within environmental and project teams; build positive relationships
- Strong analytical skills, ability to apply objective and critical thought to managing and resolving environmental issues
- Experience and ability to support environmental emergency situations; travel as required
- Highly organized, self-directed with the desire to contribute to a dynamic and face-paced work environment
- Share our core values of Safety, Integrity and Respect