Scientific research that makes a discovery at the bench is usually considered a major breakthrough – whether that breakthrough makes it to patients requires a strong understanding of both the science and maximising the drug development process. My client, a leading Biotechnology company in the Hertfordshire area, is currently seeking the expertise of a Research Project Manager to work alongside the R&D teams and translate the science into measurable clinical milestones the company is working towards.
Research Project Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Senior Management to develop and implement project management strategies to manage the budget and the activities of the research program including monitoring and recording of progress against targets for delivery of outputs and outcomes, whilst enabling high quality research to be undertaken
- Develop and maintain effective communications and working relationships with existing and any new collaborators and staff on the project team and relevant international stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will require skills in scientific writing, project management, business case development and an understanding of clinical pathways and processes
- Scientifically endorsed program plans reviewed and updated regularly at team meetings, and will have scenarios and insights to get team to next key inflection point/milestone
- Drive the execution of the plan to ensure project milestones are achieved efficiently and criteria documented that support milestone decisions.
- Routinely monitor all activities, review risks, issues and progress, taking actions as necessary to ensure minimum impact on programme deadlines
- BSc (minimum, MSc/MBA/PhD preferred) with discovery program team experience and/or leadership of a discovery program team in the pharmaceutical/biotech environment.
- Scientific understanding of drug discovery program, and current landscape of pharmaceutical discovery.
- Project management qualification or equivalent professional experience – either PMP or Prince2.
- An understanding of the processes associated with translating drug candidates through pre-clinical to clinical development.
- Experience in overseeing the work various partners and collaborators, managing those relationships to high effect.
- Excellent communication skills, able to clearly translate complex scientific data into understandable information for various stakeholders.
If you possess the necessary skills, please apply or email your CV and covering letter direct to firstname.lastname@example.org