- Specify instrumentation, valves, electrical and control system required to operate “Oil field” process equipment per client specifications, industry standards and guidelines.
- The individual will be responsible for interfacing directly with the local engineering team as well as the regional offices to ensure compliance with Project requirements.
- Knowledge and exposure of offshore and Onshore Industry Design and International standards & Codes.
1. Demonstrate command of most technical skills and principles within the field of instrumentation.
2. Evaluate customer specifications to confirm design compliance for the application.
3. Review customer specifications to match specifications or clearly define differences (clarifications or exceptions list).
4. Provide cost estimates for instrumentation, valves, specialty items, spare parts, field instrument and hookup and control system for proposals within the scope of supply and client specifications.
5. Review P&ID’s to confirm correct instrumentation symbol and control scheme, confirm sizes for control valve, relief valve, flow element and mounting nozzles for instrumentation.
6. Assist in developing P&IDs to ensure compliance with client specifications, and/or client standard piping specifications.
7.Recommend, specify and prepare requisition for inquiry and purchase of instrumentation & Actuated valves
8. Perform Control valve sizing, Relief valve sizing, Flow element sizing.
9. Recommend Control valve, Shutdown valve, Level instruments, Pressure, Temperature & Flow instruments best suited for application.
10. Participate in client or internal HAZOP.
11. Coordinate with Engineering Department to identify equipment that requires spare parts per client requirements or client specifications. Prepare project commissioning and operation spare parts lists.
12. Provide installation instructions and dimensional drawings during vessel/piping design, and fabrication phases.
13. Assist in providing hookup details to I&E contractor for installation of instrumentations.
14.Review and approve subcontractor field instrument and electrical hookup scope, and ensure scope meets client specifications or client standard.
15. Coordinate with product team to review subcontractor control system design, and ensure scope meets client specifications or client standard.
16. Provide preliminary instrument and valve weights.
17. Review vendor drawings, hookup, calculation and other technical documentation related to instrumentations.
18. Perform final inspection for instrumentation and valves.
19. Participate in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) for client equipment.
20. Perform Peer Reviews of team design work.
- Uses judgment based on the analysis of information.
- Has the ability to apply knowledge to address and resolve a variety of complex technical issues using proven and new approaches and techniques.
- Develop ability to independently overcome obstacles when executing projects and resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience.
- Ability to review P&ID’s for complex process equipment.
- Ability to size control valves, relief valves, and flow measurement devices.
- Knowledge of some materials of construction and their application.
- Working knowledge of ISA guidelines and symbols for instrumentation.
- Familiar with applicable ASME and API guidelines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with various company departments associated with designing, estimating, fabricating, operating, and selling this equipment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize Word, Excel, PowerPoint and engineering design programs.
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- 6 months contract extendable subject to project demand.