Location: Santa Fe, NM
Duration: 1 year, Will be extended
- 10+ years of proven experience in design and engineering of mechanical / electromechanical equipment required
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Advanced technical skills with strong emphasis in 3D Modelling and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) required.
- Must be a strong team player working with a diverse team of mechanical, electrical, and systems engineers. Creative, self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of 3D design and engineering software such as SolidWorks Simulations or Inventor required.
- Expert ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and mechanical computations.
- Experience in structural, fluid dynamics, vibrations and heat transfer analyses.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- May work in any of the following disciplines: Metallurgy, Corrosion, Quality, Software, Mechanical, R&D.
- Technology research & concept development
- CAD Drawings & Designs
- FEA and CFD Analyses
- Functional Prototypes (3D printed or shop fabricated)
- Patent / Intellectual Property applications (if applicable)
- Developing test plans and leading/participating in field testing
- Work will involve patent investigations, creation and submissions.
- May lead or direct some projects or may follow direction on others.
- Operates with considerable latitude in making autonomous decisions.
- Evaluates progress and results and if needed, recommends changes in procedures or direction.
- Will be working as a member of a team.
- Be a mentor to others.