- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical (Process) Engineering or Ore Processing
- Seven years of operational and production experience in an oil sands, SAGD, refinery or a petrochemical facility.
- Registration with APEGA as a Professional Engineer, or eligibility to register within the province of Alberta.
- Awareness of the regulatory legal/regulatory and operating requirements of a hydrocarbon processing facility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to anticipate potential problems and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions, as well as having a strong sense of accountability
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse relationships and activities while maintaining focus on priorities
- Ore Processing, Extraction and Tailings experience.
- A valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respecting others, raising the bar, commitments matter and doing the right thing
Nice to have:
- Proven proficiency of Process Plant Support and/or Contact Engineer experience.
- Demonstrated proof of a continuous improvement mindset and the ability to seek greater knowledge collaboratively in the workplace
- Exceptional analytical skills and able to think strategically with strong non-authoritative leadership skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of Ore Processing, Extraction and Tailings equipment, piping and instrumentation and practical application of process calculations for evaluating their performance and predicting the full impacts of changes.
Scope of work to be done:
- Consistently apply advanced Process Engineering, Ore processing and Slurry transport knowledge and skills to provide technical support to Operations, Maintenance and Cross Functional team members regarding the performance, troubleshooting, integration and continuous improvement of Primary Extraction and Tailings assets.
- Troubleshoot deviations and process control problems to ensure consistent, reliable, productive and safe operation.
- Lead and/or participate in multi-disciplinary task teams tasked to identify root causes, recommend and implement technical solutions and audit follow-up.
- Lead or support risk reviews and Process Hazard Analyses.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of Regulatory requirements on Primary Extraction and Tailings assets.
- Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Partner with Development Engineers and Project Teams to develop business cases, engineering scopes and test plans for sustaining projects within the Primary Extraction and Tailings Business.