Key responsibilities will include;
- Provide high level technical expertise to ensure effective management of the whole planning process
- Maintenance of the project overall planning requirements
- Ensure all relevant project procedures are applied as required
- Maintenance of overall project schedules for progress and man-hour expenditure; Contribute to planning reviews across the Aker Solutions network to assure compliance
- Preparation and issue of all planning status and the impact of changes in the scope of work and provide recommendations to the project line management
- Participation in client presentations and meetings
- Update and maintenance of the company integrated management system, ensuring system integrity at all times
- Supervision of the project planning personnel.
We are looking for a Project planning engineer with the following qualifications, experience and personal attributes;
- Educated to at least HND or equivalent, ideally to Degree level
- In depth understanding of the oil and gas industry
- Highly competent user of industry standard planning tools ( e.g. Primavera P6) / systems
- Knowledge and understanding of project planning, systems and tools within the following areas; Turnkey EPC projects, Large brownfield modifications, Minor brownfield modifications and term contracts, Front End Studies, Operations and Maintenance Planning, Integrated Asset Planning
- Demonstrable construction and commissioning experience in brownfield modifications contracts and projects
- Ability to work on own initiative; self-motivated, willingness to learn and adapt
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively within the organisation and with external clients / customers
- Proactive, flexible and decisive, ability to be innovative and challenging in line with Company Values
- Self-reliant enthusiastic self-starter that will be prepared to instigate and deliver significant improvement projects
- An ability to build strong, effective working relationships across the delivery streams will be essential.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support a long term project.