Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Employee: Direct Hire/ Full- time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Chemical Manufacturer, is seeking an EHSS Manager for a direct hire position to be based in the Baton Rouge, LA area.
The Environment, Health, Safety, & Security Manager position will provide full time environmental, health, safety & security support to the overall project and subsequent operation of the plant and will ensure that all practices comply with regulatory requirements. The position will be responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and support the development and coordination of training programs in support of project and operations.
- Acts as Chair or Co-Chair and lead the Safety Committee for the Construction/Operation
- Provides daily guidance and direction to all levels of the organization regarding the EHSS programs
- Practices safe working techniques and behavior, as well as reinforces the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company
- Provides advice, assistance, and audits line management to ensure that effective EHSS is implemented and working
- Performs and contributes to the Site Training Plans by conducting employee orientations, emergency response training, and coordination of modular training programs for the Operation
- Identifies and determines which regulations should apply to the company
- Owner of the company’s compliance with all environmental, health, safety and security standards and regulations
- Develops and implements the EHSS policies and procedures, in collaboration with other members of the senior management team, specific to the site
- Coordinates regulatory programs and its applications, while supporting the compliance process
- Maintains all logs and documentation associated with site permits and regulatory requirements
- Maintains filing systems regarding worker training and safety
- Coordinates inspections by regulatory agencies and corrects/minimizes deficiencies
- Reviews posted safety information throughout the work field to ensure it is updated and accurate per rules and regulations
- Coordinates with the Operations Manager and Plant Manager on project/facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections
- Reviews accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions
- Assists with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures
- Develops and implements a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness
- Ensures that contractor personnel working on the property comply with COMPANY policies and safety requirements
- Assists in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure
- Manages Team Base Risk Assessments and the process, while regularly conduct training needs analysis
- Leads the Emergency Response Team and comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Develops and administers the ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 management system
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Acts in a manner in accordance with COMPANY outlined safety policies, procedures and practices
- In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health, Safety, & Environment or equivalent required
- OSHA Certified (30 Hours) required
- CSP Certification preferred
- 15+ years of experience in EHSS required, 20 years preferred
- 10+ years completed in Chemical/Oil & Gas Industry
- Additional experience in Construction EHSS preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements in a chemical/petrochemical environment
- Knowledge of Pre-Task Planning
- Knowledge of Homeland Security rules and regulations
- Knowledge of PSM requirements for an operating plant
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Chemical Manufacturer who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.