£25000 - £35000 per annum
To manufacture pharmaceutical intermediates and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) in a safe, quality compliant and cost effective manner.
- Comply with all SPSL, HSE requirements including safety policies and procedures.
- Use appropriate PPE whenever required.
- Conduct safety audits.
- As required, attend learning events and Safety Action Team (SAT) meetings.
- Conduct effective shift handovers
- Ensure compliance with COMAH critical aspects of the Process Safety Management System and Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP) where relevant to his/her area of responsibility
- As a SAP user the job holder will be required to carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Operate Plant and Processes according to Procedures (PRS, PTW, cGMP)
- Manage raw materials and intermediates required for process, including inventory checks
- Accurately record and check data – both written and electronic
- Manage production equipment in accordance with safety, operational and quality procedures.
- Operate processes efficiently and participate in continuous improvement.
- Monitor performance and critical parameters and alert when necessary.
- Assist with the preparation of draft SOPs for operations as appropriate.
- When judged as competent to act as trainer/mentor for other operators.
Contacts & Relationships:
- Regular contact with shift manager, assistant shift manager, maintenance engineering, quality and PPG.
- A professional approach when in contact with external customers.
- Reports to Shift Manager / Assistant Shift Manager. Works as part of a team, close contact with Asst Shift Manager.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English.
- Knowledge of plant operation. Ideally NVQ in Process Plant Operation
- Capable of understanding and improving new skills with a positive response to training.
- Hard working with a positive approach to maintenance of standards.
- Clear understanding of safety.
- Team worker.