Job DescriptionSoftware and Controls Engineer, North London (x2)
I am looking for a Software and Controls engineer to join a major chemical leader. They are at the forefront of innovation and are a key driver in the promotion of a more sustainable future.
As Software and Controls Engineer, you would be in charge of the software on SCADA and PLC systems for the site. You will be responsible for maintaining, calibrating and resolving faults with the systems as well as testing Logic coding. You will also be involved in smaller company projects.
They are looking for a quality and safety focussed Engineer to join them and grow within the company. This is an important and challenging role which will provide you with great opportunities for career progression and offers one of the best salary and benefits packages in the industry.
- Provide your expertise when it comes to PLC and SCADA systems
- Offer advice to the project teams when it comes to the selection of control equipment and software
- Follow safety standard with regards to alarms and other safety related issues
- Manage contractors and ensure their adherence to the company’s standards and protocols
- Monitor and maintain software and equipment as well as continuously review and improve the controls strategy
- Formal Electronic/controls qualification
- Working knowledge of PLC and SCADA systems
- EC&I experience within a chemical or large-scale manufacturing site
- Knowledge of ATEX/DSEAR directives