The focus on safety should include:
1) Everyone working on a project is accountable for safety.
2) Commitment to Stop Work principles.
3) Commitment to Life Critical procedures.
4) Commitment to Work Planning and JSA process.
5) Drive safety cultural improvements through:
- Actively listen to and genuinely care for employees and contractors and provide coaching as needed.
- Motivate all workers through recognition of positive behaviors and accepting feedback when approached.
- Deliver consistent message, focusing on safety.
- Follow through on gaps, feedback, findings, and suggestions.
- Engage and make connections with workers, and reinforce the message that anyone can STOP work.
- Demonstrate the ability to reviewing and providing feedback on safety plans, procedures, JSAs, safe work plans, etc.
- Effectively communicates with the Company Client Construction Safety Specialist, Company’ stakeholders, contractors, peers and Company Client Construction and Project Management teams both in written and verbal communication.
- Listens and understands other perspectives and collaborates to develop effective solutions.
- Actively engaged with the Company Client Construction and Project Management teams and contractors highlighting successes and implementing best practices from other projects within the organization.
- Able to set their work schedule based on input from the Company Client Construction and Project Management teams.
- Uses knowledge of the Construction business and understanding of how their role supports the business model when communicating with others.
- Rely on established guidelines and/or detailed direction from WIMS, Company Client Field EHS Leaders,
- policies such as Company Client Health and Safety Specifications and contractor’s safety program.
- Utilize practical applications of education or experience when developing solutions and understands how the decision will impact the Construction project.
- Actively engaged in all stages of shutdowns, projects and capital work, gaining credibility and respect by visibly participating in the construction process. Written and verbal suggestions are communicated in a well thought-out manner.
- Conduct routine safety walks throughout the assigned project Work site.
- Presents the results of research and analysis as it relates to the Company Client Construction and Project Management teams’ needs in a professional manner.
- Leads by example by initiating discussions and utilizing their relationships to drive and influence change throughout the organization.
- Immediately report any safety event, regardless of severity, to Company Client Construction Safety Specialist, Chief Inspector and Company Client Project Manager or Construction Manager. The incident reporting chain will be area specific and/or project specific and reviewed with the Safety Advisor at onboarding.
- Participate in incident investigations and lead any incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as assigned by Company Client EHS.
- Complete all required safety reports as needed in a timely manner.
- 10 years of Pipeline/Industrial Construction Safety, Petroleum Safety, Offshore Safety experience
- Construction and Operations Safety experience
- OSHA 30-Hour Card for construction (1926) or equivalent college education in safety, health or environment
- Ideal candidate will have: Bachelor’s Degree in any field along with any certifications: ASP, CET, CHST, COSS, CSD, CSHO, CSM, CSP, CSSM, GSP, LSP, OHST, SMS, STS, STSC, TSP