- JOB PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE
Job holders at this level are mid-level or experienced professionals working with a significant degree of independence across the organization.
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and interpret financial models that support specific M&A transactions in order to provide detailed analysis of financial returns and potential risk exposures.
- Conduct meetings and presentations with business units, providing updates on the analysis conducted, status reports, and high level recommendations/hypothesis, in order to support informed decision-making.
- Manage due diligence activity (financial, legal, commercial, tax, technical / operational, HR, etc.) in collaboration with cross-functional teams and external advisors (as necessary), whilst ensuring compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- Prepare letters of interest/non-binding MoUs ensuring timely completion of related documentation and compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Prepare bid proposals, including funding and financial structure, and lists of potential/agreeable deal structures and key contracts, ensuring that all activities are carried out in a timely manner and in compliance with relevant financial processes and standards.
- Manage the negotiation and closure of allocated deals to help achieve and secure the most optimal terms and value for the acquisition.
- Preparation of purchase and sale agreements and other transaction documents in order to support successful closure of deals.
- Collaborate with and provide input to the selection of third party service providers, vendors, consultants, and investment banks, and evaluate projects and proposals of the latter in order to achieve best value for money.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training for junior colleagues and conduct knowledge sharing to facilitate achievement of team objectives and completion of tasks in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
- Examine and fine-tune if needed reports produced by subordinates to ensure the provision of accurate, timely information to assist decision-making. Review activities and work of subordinates as needed, to ensure that the required work is completed, that all issues and problems are resolved rapidly and effectively, and that internal operational policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Lead and prepare project reports and presentations timely and accurately to meet stakeholder and senior management requirements, policies and quality standards.
- Build and use the understanding of the broader oilfield services industry, 's business value chain, operating model, segment understanding etc., in the analysis of data, in order to recommend best fitted solutions for .
- Participate in pertinent industry conferences, seminars and/or conventions to keep abreast of developments and innovations in the industry.
- Identify opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, in order to enhance business processes, and increase operational effectiveness.
- Play key role in the origination, investigation and evaluation of opportunities, strategic business alliances and acquisitions in line with 's strategy in close partnership with the Business lines
- QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, or any similar discipline
- MBA or equivalent post-graduate qualification in Finance, Management, or any similar discipline from a recognized University
Required: 4 to 9 years of experience in corporate development, M&A in a leading investment firm/bank with at least 1 year in a managerial position
- Capability to apply advanced financial modelling and analysis methodologies to support M&A transactions
- Good knowledge of M&A (including cross-border M&A) models, principles and practices
- Ability to debate and communicate M&A and complex financial concepts and methodologies with peers and seniors
- Ability to run valuations using advanced valuation methodologies and understand underlying assumptions/drivers
- Broad knowledge of the global investment market, specifically the markets within which Group owns and manages assets
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Good attention to detail
- Good analytical capabilities and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Good organization and communication skills
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders and senior management