NES Global Talent is an award winning workforce solutions specialist that provides candidates across the Oil & Gas, Power, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Chemicals, Mining and IT sectors worldwide. We provide guaranteed staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline specific team of over 850 staff.
Control Systems Engineer – Team Leader
Contractor: EPC | LNG Terminal
Place of work by 24 month: Milan | Italy
In the next months: candidate might be work on site in Africa (Nigeria) or can be re-assigned to another global location.
Type of contract: Permanent | Labor contract
- Perform Project technical tasks assigned by the Instrumentation Discipline Lead consisting in design, checking, validation, testing and engineering of Control Systems and Telecommunication Systems
- Interface and coordinate with the other Project Team Specialists and Designers
- Coordinate technical activities performed either by insourcing either by outsourcing
The Engineer executes the activities within own area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements
- Development Technology know how and Commercial support
- Bidding phase/Commercial proposal development
- Prepare Control Systems quantities for cost and erection works estimates
- Support Discipline Lead to define man hours and cost estimates
- Project Execution
- Review Client technical documentation and requirements
- Coordinate subcontracted engineering activities and control subcontracted engineering documents
- Define engineering design basis and guidelines
- Prepare the technical documentation for Control Systems material and services requisitions and prepare, according to internal procedures, the technical evaluations
- Provide technical support to Project Team
- Optimise Control, Safety Systems design ensuring minimal cost and complexity in compliance with the contractual and safety requirements
- Prepare Control and Safety Systems supply specifications
- Prepare Advanced Control, Dynamic Simulation and Operator Training Simulator functional and supply specifications
- Participate to P&ID mechanization
- Validate Vendor Control and Safety Systems functional design specifications and participate to detail configuration documents definition
- Validate Vendor Control Systems BOQs
- Coordinate detail engineering activities and ensure proper installation drawings definition
- Participates to F.A.T. activities ad Vendor workshop E - Construction and start up
- Participate to Site Acceptance Test, loop checks and functional checks
- Provide technical and engineering support to construction Team
- Perform site engineering activities during construction and commissioning phases
- Carry out correctly and independently the PFDs, P&IDs, Equipment’s, machines calculations
- Correctly understand the process documentation and third-party package suppliers, like Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Alarm & Setting List, Process Control Narratives, Process Narratives for Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Cause & Effect chart, etc.
- Draw up and develop independently electronic database
- Draw up and expand Master Alarm Database (MAD), starting from the Database for the development of the Control System Engineering
- Correctly understand and collect the project documentation from other disciplines, like Heat & Material Balances, Equipment List, Equipment & Machines Data Sheets, Equipment & Machines Performance Characteristics, Valves Specifications & Data Sheets (Control Valves, Safety Valves, Relief Valves, Check Valves), Process Descriptions, Utilities Consumptions Summary, Operating Procedure, Operating Manual, Streams & Compositions, Instrument Specifications & Data Sheets for Transmitters, Instrument Specifications & Data Sheets for analyzers
- Understand, collect and properly use DCS/ESD Data Base, DCS/ESD configuration, Graphic Pages
- Independently elaborate and in quality and/or finalize the system architecture and its technical specifications (OTS, APC, MIS, ALMS, etc.) for offer/purchase request
- Interface himself/herself independently with the other engineering disciplines and with the suppliers, in order to identify optimized solutions from a technical/economical point of view
- Carry out document revision activities and follow up the suppliers and finalize the release of technical evaluations for the purchase of various types of systems, like OTS, APC, MIS, ALMS, etc.
- Independently solve various interdisciplinary issues that may occur during the project activities
- Correctly carryout, in quality and independently the functional tests (FAT & IFAT) of the different typologies of systems OTS, APC, MIS, ALMS, etc.
- Has full knowledge of the workflows, of the various phases and the development process that characterize the project of the advanced plant systems and their interaction with the workflows. Moreover, the resource must know the various phases and dynamics that characterize the control system and plant safety project
- Already carried out coordination activities and able to manage independently the group and promote teamwork, in full compliance with the Project Engineering Man Hours and Cost budget.
- Master’s Degree in Instrumentation & Control Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 10+ years related experience in LNG/Gas Process/Refinery and Petrochemical industries
- Broad technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process
- Detailed knowledge, with direct experience with systems i.e. DCS, ESD/SIS, OTS, APC, MIS, ALMS
- Familiar with Control and Safety Systems codes and standards both domestic and international
- SPI (Smart Plant Instrumentation) knowledge
- Solid past experiences as a Control Systems Engineer Team Leader/Manager with Reputed International EPC Contractor on mid to large scale project
- Past experience on plant erection and commissioning as Control Systems Field Engineer and/or Control Systems Field Supervisor in Oil & Gas industry
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- Basic salary – depending on candidate experience.
- Initial accommodation and full boarding will be provided whilst candidates get established in Milan.
- Family has been signed off, schooling and medical care.