Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Employee: Direct Hire/ Full- time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Chemical Manufacturer, is seeking an Operations Manager for a direct hire position to be based in the Baton Rouge, LA area.
As a member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT), the Operations Manager is responsible to the Plant Manager for administration, planning, coordination, and implementation of activities in the Operations Department. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that all operational processes and activities comply with COMPANY policies, regulations and our values for safety, quality, environmental and financial stewardship. The Operations Manager interacts with various business/support organizations and supports key initiatives in fulfilling the mission of the business and site.
- Ensures that all activities within the operations organization are aligned with and supportive of COMPANY safety, environmental and corporate citizenship and responsibility requirements. Provides leadership to this process through active participation in various programs designed to support this goal.
- Formulation and coordination of effective management review processes are in place in order to achieve performance goals as outlined by the SLT and Corporate Leadership Team.
- Participates in formulating plant administrative practices and procedures.
- Oversees day to day activities in the plant and notify the Plant Manager or other member of the SLT of any issues that arise that fall under their responsibilities.
- Administers plant policies and procedures, evaluates work, and makes recommendations to Plant Manager and HR Manager on employment-related decisions for their direct and indirect reports
- Participates in budgeting activities, reviews costs and expenses
- Strives for continuous improvement of the operating units through collaboration and innovation with other members of the COMPANY team. Creates and maintains a work environment which stresses both continuous improvement and breakthrough performance
- Authority to make operational decisions in line with COMPANY policies and strategic goals & objectives, and responsible for operations conflict resolution
- Ensure effective systems for process control, inspection, testing, and documentation control are in place and followed
- Establish the measures of success for the operations organization and ensure that clear accountability is assigned for all key performance standards and objectives
- Ensure that operations employees are effectively trained and developed to meet the changing and escalating needs of the business
- May represent the Plant Manager when he is not on-site for instances which require immediate action by a plant authority.
- Act in a manner in all capacities in accordance with Code of Company Conduct and other COMPANY policies and procedures.
- Act in a manner in accordance with COMPANY outlined safety policies, procedures and practices
- In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related technical discipline from an accredited institution.
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited institution is a plus.
- 15-20 years’ experience in the chemical manufacturing industry in progressively more responsible roles.
- 10+ years completed in Chemical/Oil & Gas Industry.
- Industry experience working within hydrogen, methanol, ammonia, fertilizer, steam reformer or syngas required.
- Experience with commissioning and plant start-up is required.
- Leadership of Human Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Chemical Manufacturer who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.