Location: Contractor Offices, Kingston
Duration: 1 year +
Rate: £475/day Ltd Co
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Requirements: EU/UK Passport Holder
- ACE and CGL projects Marine and Subsea M&W focal point for technical verification and oversight of Contractor during procurement of sub-sea materials in support of delivery of a safe, competitive and cost-effective sub-sea system.
- Review Contractor and supplier materials, welding and NDE documentation and verification that industry standards, regulatory requirements, and the appropriate BP and Project standards are met.
- Perform site visits and audits as required to assure materials qualification, production and tests conform to requirements.
- Provide guidance and direction to CONTRACTOR on specific technical issues related to subsea materials specifications, qualification and testing.
- Provide technical support to project and construction team to resolve material, welding and fabrication issues in timely manner.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to contractor’s personnel in alignment with project’s engineering and delivery objectives as set out in the Project Execution Plans.
- With strong technical capability and able to resolve site technical queries and concession queries with minimal oversight from AGT MCW team lead.
- Timely progression of welding/metallurgy site queries by working with the BP engineering team and in-country construction team.
- Performance manage Contractors and engage/intervene when necessary to facilitate recovery plans.
- Maintains alignment of BP and Project goals through regular contact with Project Engineering Leads, Technical Authorities and Engineering Managers.
- Responsible for writing ETP deviations in a timely manner and discuss with GPO TA to ensure risks are identified and mitigated.
- Clearly report/communicate concerns and technical issues to the AGT MCW team lead.
- Maintains alignment of BP and Project goals through regular contact with AGT MCW team lead, ACE topside team lead, Technical Authorities and ACE Topside Engineering Manager.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Materials and/or Welding Engineering or the equivalent.
- Strong ability to manage and priorities own workload and manage own time.
- Experience on subsea pipeline weld procedure qualification.
- Familiar with and expertise in applying international material, welding and fabrication codes, e.g. ASME B31.3, ASME IX, API 1104, API 5L, API 6ACRA, EEMUA 158, PD 5500.
- Good knowledge and experience in materials and welding engineering and knowledge of NDE techniques used in manufacture and at fabrication sites
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, and demonstrate ability to influence based on technical understanding and justification
- A strong personal commitment to HSSE and a commitment to continuous improvement in HSSE performance.
- Discipline expertise in welding, NDE and fabrication with good track record of multi discipline/ delivery line integration.
- Ability to engage and work with projects personnel, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the project team, Contractors and GPO leadership.
- Experienced in contractor oversight and project delivery.
- Setting technical direction and endorsing/agreeing contractor technical proposals
- Chartership or Professional Engineering Status.
- International Welding Engineer (IWE/EWE) or substantial site welding /fabrication experience.
- Experience working in international teams.
- Experience on working in pipelay welding.
- Experience on procurement and qualification of low temperature steel.
- Planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Track record of delivery and able to demonstrate effective project technical management and leadership skills.
- Pragmatic decision maker, willing to challenge and ensure engineering value is delivered.
- Knowledge of corrosion and cracking in a marine environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of BP Materials, Corrosion and Welding ETP, engineering criteria and technical practices.