Our client, a global Oilfield Services Business, is looking to hire a Well Engineer for an initial 6 month contract based in Aberdeen.
- Ensure all engineering activities are in line with HSE policies and procedures, and drive HSE culture by setting example through safe work practices.
- Participate in tender bid preparation process for well engineering input.
- Deliver customer presentations & lead meetings (may include travel to other locations).
- Preparation of well design, well plan and operational procedures for construction, completion, intervention and/or abandonment of wells in area of responsibility.
- Define technical rig requirements.
- Define technical services and third party requirements.
- Prepare operational time and well cost estimates.
- In collaboration with internal and external parties, prepare risk register and contingency plans.
- Prepare, participate and lead peer reviews, peer assists and other quality assurance activities related to the project.
- Monitor daily progress of job(s) or project(s) and monitor operations expenditure
- Provide engineering recommendations and advice to the project team.
- Communicate effectively with well site/project stakeholders as needed, and make recommendations to drive flawless service delivery and operational excellence.
- Ensure that pre-defined technical and operations KPIs are monitored and benchmarked against offset well data and pre-defined well objectives.
- Participate, lead and ensure Root Cause Analysis investigation are completed and lessons learned are recorded and shared within the team.
- Prepare, review and deliver all technical reports related to the project including End of Well Report, after action reviews, lessons learned summary.
- Keep abreast of technological and engineering process advancements through affiliation with professional societies and participation in networks, workshops, seminars and training courses.
- Ensure that engineering and operational achievements and challenges are captured through case histories, lessons learned or papers, and shared with the global team.
- Mentor and coach engineering team members.