The construction department, consisting of experienced personnel, is seeking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced Structural Construction Engineer, to support a modifications, maintenance and operations contract based in London and West Africa.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Development of construction method and compilation of Smart Packs and other coordination duties onshore in the London office, working alongside the Engineering teams
- Provide fast track turnaround of structural repair order scopes
- Prepare for and attend KO meetings
- Scoping and raising fabrication packs and procurement of consumable and bulk items
- Ensure that all preparation work is identified and in place to allow all scopes to start as scheduled in the construction plan; and that any delays to preparatory work that would impact or significantly delay the schedule are highlighted to managers and planning
- Carry out a constructability review of all SmartPacks, feedback any issues to relevant Engineering discipline, including input at scope survey and engineering stage
- Demonstrate HS&E Leadership in line with company expectations
- Carry out offshore surveys of scopes of work as required.
Qualifications & personal attributes required:
- Industry recognised engineering apprenticeship (or ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline, or City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 in a related trade)
- Training should also include BOSIET, MIST, and CA-EBS
- Background in fabrication and construction (including some experience offshore) on Brownfield projects
- Experience with Navisworks, or similar package
- Good IT skills with the able to quickly adapt to new systems
- Ability to safely supervise work activities to completion and can demonstrate commitment to safe working at all times
- Extensive trade and industry knowledge, with the ability to read, interpret and implement procedures / specifications / drawings etc
- Ability to deliver project work scopes to the required project/ industry standards on time and within budget.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support a long term project.