We consider each of our warehouses to be a well-oiled machine, driven by a customer-centric mentality. As part of achieving the aforementioned, among other requirements, to oversee the safe receipt, storage, retrieval, disposal and timely dispatch of goods; to plan the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and manage the storage of hazardous materials; to ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for security of the building and stock;to ensure productivity targets are met and maintain computerized administration, automated storage and retrieval system;and to manage teams of workers and deal with personnel issues such as the recruitment, training and discipline of staff.You will lead all the procurement efforts for IMI and be responsible for the procurement budget for materials.
As a Warehouse Manager, your main objective is to supply quality products at competitive prices on-time to the business in order to maximize the value and profitability of the operations.
You are responsible for ensuring the code of ethics, policies, procedures and applicable local regulations are followed at all time. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to purchasing, expedition and bid support. You will also manage your team of 3 procurement staff in selecting, mentoring, coaching, supervising, motivating and training them.
You will also develop and execute new improved
Area: Plan and Execute warehouse management for the new yard
- Identify, develop and complete warehouse operational requirements, warehouse roles & responsibilities and manpower plan.
- Determine facilities and equipment layout through relevant departments
- Define and develop all tools, equipment and materials necessary to operate warehousing.
- Have a clear understanding of the company’s polices and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these.
- Seamless interaction with the operation for the on-time delivery of materials.
- Manage staffs to maintain close communication with expeditors by updating the materials status.
- Maintain a streamline system for receiving, preserving and delivering materials.
- Set up an agile materials flow creating a short and safe route between the warehouse and the production site.
- Carry out responsibilities for the use of automated and computerized systems.
- Maintain to optimized inventory by a fully-automated traceability by a proper ERP system.
- Prepare an annual budget, plan out expenses, analyse any variances, and make necessary corrections to help company achieve financial objectives.
- Manage four (4) divisions; Material Handling, Ship Warehouse & Storage, Rigs/MRO Warehouse & Storage, Inventory Planning & Control.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouses, including quality assurnce, inventory control. Space management, floor productivity, logistics and customer service
- Plan and organize daily/weekly warehouse activity.
- Contribute to innovation procedures and practices as required.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Logistics.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure to keep electronic process and data of G/R and G/I.
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Perform all inventory process as required to meeting standard operating procedure and codes of conduct.
- Keep stock control systems up to date and plan future capacity requirements.
- Assist internal and external auditors with the physical inventory audits.
- Carry out periodic physical stock checks as per the company approved procedures.
- Area: Leadership and Human Resource Management
- Lead the warehouse team to create a positive workplace which enable people to exceed the requirements of their role.
- Contribute team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Identify training requirements procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing.
Bachelor’s Degree in warehouse, distribution, or material management
Tertiary qualification/certification in Material management
- 15 years of materials handling experience
- 10 years of materials handing experience in shipbuilding or offshore industries is preferred.
- Fair understanding of oil & gas and shipbuilding industry materials and equipment
- Forklift license
- Certificate IV in Warehousing Operations or equivalent qualification
- Hazardous Materials Handling Certificate (would be a plus
- Arabic (would be a plus)
- Healthy and Safety Compliance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Numeracy and an understanding of finance.
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse.
- People management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas.
- Planning an organizing skills, analytical ability
- Technical and IT skills, particularly when it comes to database management and spreadsheets
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level