Job DescriptionOur client is currently seeking a Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator for a one year contract in Calgary, AB.
- Partner with internal teams to understand business needs and challenges.
- Engage and build relationships with external community members.
- Meet with community leaders and members to gain an understanding of their community, and build positive relationships.
- Support Surface Land on consultation with Indigenous communities.
- Work with communities on negotiating agreements, and implementing agreement commitments.
- Work with communities and internal stakeholders on identifying capacity building opportunities and support activities to realize these opportunities.
- Support Supply Chain needs.
- Represent and attend community events.
- Assist community leaders and members in planning and hosting joint events and community investment programs.
- Analyze community investment opportunities and provide recommendations on level of participation. Provide community updates to internal stakeholders and updates to communities.
- Establish positive working relationships with internal partners and external stakeholders.
- Participate on CAPP committees to represent the clients position on a variety of issues.
- Bachelor degree
- 7+ years of experience in an external relations related field
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in the oil and gas sector
- Proficient with MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate mutually beneficial solutions
- Demonstrated personal integrity and self-discipline, and ability to build trust and confidence
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Position based in Calgary
- Ability to travel 25% of the time including some weekends
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience working with all levels of an organization
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills